MumStore Limited are focused on putting our customers first - and whether it is the extra touch we go to for our customers or the often unnoticed levels we go to to protect our customers' privacy data and information.
As required by the UK Data Protection Acts [1984 and 1998] we follow a standard method of storing and disclosing of your information you have provided to prevent unauthorised access.
MumStore Limited do not store any credit card details as all details entered by the customer are processed by our payment partner Sage Pay. Sage Pay handle the payment and give our systems a response as to whether the payment has been successful or not.
1. Who are Sage Pay
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07492608. Our registered office is at North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z8245307. This registration covers all of our different business divisions.
We are part of the Sage group of companies which includes The Sage Group Plc. The Sage Group plc is registered separately with the Information Commissioner (see www.ico.gov.uk).
For details of how to contact us, please refer to the Contact Us page.
2. How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
- place an order for products or services on our website, this will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone number and email address) and your payment details;
- complete online forms (including callback requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide (including any Apps we may offer);
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post;
- visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described in section 5 below).
3. What we use your information for
We will use your personal information to provide any information on services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website.
We may use your personal data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Sage Pay’s products, services, website, and customer communications.
If you enter into a prize draw or competition, we may use the information you provide to administer those programmes.
We may also use your information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important and sometimes critical, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies, business partners and other carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) can contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish not to be contacted by us and/or our 3rd parties’ partners, you can send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our suppliers, business partners and group companies from time to time so they can provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested.
We may also share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 3 below.
- with third party businesses with whom we are collaborating to provide a service to you, so that this service can be provided. For example if you apply for Sage Merchant Services we will share relevant information about you to our merchant account service provider. That third party may also wish to use your information for other purposes and that third party should inform you of those purposes. We therefore encourage you to read any third party´s privacy policies.
- third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets.
- another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
- with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
5. Cookies and Traffic Data
There are different types of cookies
Session Cookies - We use session cookies on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify and track users and to remember what is in your shopping basket (where relevant) and we also use session cookies in the VSP Admin reporting system to remember customer information used to complete transactions through the VSP Terminal. Our session cookies may contain your customer account number, company name and email address. These session cookies are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
Persistent Cookies - Persistent cookies enable our website, product or service to “remember who you are” and to remember your preferences on our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
Web analytics and similar services - Our website uses web analytics services. Web analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website, product or service. This helps us make our service to you better.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
Read further details about the cookies that we use on our websites.
How to disable cookies
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
6. Your information
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at Data Protection Officer, Sage Pay Europe Limited, North Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE13 9AA or by email at email@example.com. If you request a copy of your information you will need to pay a statutory fee which is currently £10.
8. Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Some communications sent over the internet, such as email, may not be secured unless they are encrypted. Although we do our best to monitor and improve how we protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission of data to our site is at your own risk. We do however use secure connections in our direct debit sign up pages, online application form and VSP Admin area, so please use these pages when providing us with sensitive information.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe - we will not share this password with anyone.
9. Transfers outside Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and some of our products or services or parts of them may be hosted in the United States and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website, product or service outside the European Economic Area (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) ("EEA") to the United States. When you send an email to us, this may be stored on email servers which are hosted in the United States, if we do this, we will take steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, product or service or contact us via email.
10. Other Sites
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
11. Further Information
If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner's site at www.ico.gov.uk.