Britax launched for Autumn 2016 their first i-Size (R129) car seat and this has been coupled with the availability of 2 bases that fit the car seat.
The Flex base is unique in that it features an adjustable base position, a feature not found on the standard i-Size base. This has the added advantage that the base can be raised at the back to account for the combination of low Isofix points found in some cars and also to counter act the slope again found in some vehicles. This means that your child can be put in the correct recline position to aid breathing and posture in a young child, eliminating head lol in most cases.
The i-Size base and the Flex i-Size base , both using the Isofix means of attachment to your vehicle. Isofix is now the most recognised safety system in place in Europe for easy and safe car seat fitting. The Isofix base simply fits into the car using the Isofix points in the vehicle, the infant carrier then simply "Clicks" into place to attach and "Clicks" out when taking out the car leaving the Isofix base in place.
- Adjustable support leg provides additional stability to the base in the car.
- Support leg has indicators to show the leg is positioned correctly.
- Integrated carry handles for added portability.
- Support leg folds out of the way when the base is not in use.
- Isofix support arm ratchet to extend for easier installation into the car.
- Weight of base: 8.7kg
- (H) 45-72 x (W) 44 x (D) 64cm
- Fitting List
- Usage of the Britax Baby-Safe i-Size with the Britax i-Size Flex Base in accordance with ECE R129/00 guarantees car compatibility with every "i-Size" certified seating position as per the fitting list.
- NEVER use a rear facing child seat with an active front airbag.
- NEVER support the support leg of the i-Size base against a storage compartment unless certified by the vehicle and car seat manufacturer.
This base is only available in the colour of Black!